Monday, August 8, 2016

Fairy Tale

“Once upon a time...”
                “Hold up, why we got to start it out like that.”
                “Why do we HAVE to? Well it makes sense when you’re writing a fairy tale.”
                “Who says you have to start a fairy tale like that?”
                “Everyone.”
                “Well unless you can bring everyone here to prove that, we gonna do it differently.”
                “Why are we GOING to do it differently? It would be much easier to just start it with ‘Once upon a time’.”
                “Says you.”
                “Fine. How would you like to start the story off?”
                “Yo see there was this chic who lived in a small town. She was freakin’ awesome, but you know them haters out there goin’ to drag her down. Her name was Belle and she was different than everyone else cause she liked to read, and the townspeople were too stupid to appreciate that.”
                “Wait, wait, wait. That’s the tale of Beauty and the Beast.”
                “Yeah, so.”
   “So, we can’t use that. It’s called plagiarism.”
                “Oh…Well then what we supposed to do?”
                “Well like I was originally saying. Once upon a time…”
                “No.”
                “What?”
                “We ain’t using that dumb ass opening.”
                “Come up with a better idea, preferably one that doesn’t already exist.”
                “Ok I got it. So there’s this chic right. She got some super long hair, but she can’t show no one cause she locked up in some tower.”
                “Nope. That’s Rapunzel.”
                “I got more. Ok lets see. So this chic be scrubbing floors all the time cause she got them evil stepsisters and…”
                “Cinderella.”
                “So there’s this prince right, and he ridin’ through the woods when he happen upon some chic. See he thought this chic was dead, but really she be sleeping because..”
                “Sleeping Beauty.”
                “Ok. I swear I got more.”
                “I bet you do. You must be inspired by all the Disney productions.”
                “So there’s this red headed chic right. She be all independent, shooting arrows into the woods while riding a horse right.”
                “Merida from Brave.”
                “Well I ain’t see you come up with shit.”

                *Clears throat* “Once upon a time…”

No comments:

Post a Comment